Now that you are registered for the ElectriCities Annual Conference, we've compiled everything you need to know to prepare for the event. We look forward to seeing you on August 10th!
Breakfast at the conference this year will be "on your own". Guests of the Embassy Suite will receive a complimentary breakfast in the hotel atrium. Attendees who are not guests of the Embassy Suites can purchase a breakfast at the hotel (approximately $15 pp) or elsewhere.
This year we’ve planned excursions for Friday and Saturday during the conference. We are offering two unique spouse outings:
Click on the dates below for individual schedules.
Friday, August 2 – Visit the exquisite Biltmore Estate
Saturday, August 3 – A trip to the NC Arboretum and Western North Carolina Farmer’s Market
To register or ask a question, contact Faith Lunsford or 919-760-6360.
Pinehurst Golf Policy
We are excited that our 2014 Annual Conference is being hosted by Pinehurst Resort. Many of you may want to take the opportunity to play a round of golf at one of their outstanding courses. We suggest you make plans early and book your tee times well in advance.
The resort’s policy is to charge golf fees to your hotel room. Therefore, it is required to book your hotel room first and then reserve your tee times.
If you run into issues booking a tee time after you have reserved a hotel room, please contact Sara Green, Association Sales Manager at Pinehurst Resort, (910-235-8498).
The silent auction continues this year supporting the NC Fallen Linemen Foundation. Bring your checkbook and bid on spectacular items, past items included:
- Four rounds of golf at Wedgewood Golf Club
- DoubleTree by Hilton two Nights & Breakfast for two
- Husqvarna 125B Handheld Leaf Blower
- Yeti Roadie 20
Just to name a few!
STARTS: Thursday, August 10 at 1:00 pm
ENDS: Friday, August 11 at 4:00 pm
WINNERS: Posted on announcement board at registration Saturday morning. Items available for pick up at close of general session.
All proceeds from the Silent Auction go to the Fallen Linemen Foundation, which provides financial support to families of electric utility linemen who are injured while on the job.
Free iOS™/Android™ Annual Conference Mobile Applications
Both applications have all the information you need in order to plan your Annual Conference experience. From the schedule to speaker bios to conference sponsor description, the app has it all. Download them today and see what happened last year. The application will automatically update with this year's information closer to the conference.
Ask the CEO
This year we’re putting CEO Graham Edwards to the test (sort of). You can submit a question for Graham to answer during his Friday morning comments. Whether you’re curious about the history of ElectriCities or the Power Agencies, his thoughts on industry trends, or the future of public power, this is your chance to ask him (just about) anything.
Simply send your question to email@example.com. The submission deadline is July 29. Of course, if you’re not shy, you can always ask your question directly to Graham during the General Session on Friday morning.
Thank You to our growing list of Sponsors
Each year, our Sponsors graciously support the conference, enabling us to keep the registration cost as low as possible. We're sending out a huge thank you to them. Please tell them in person when you see them!
- GDS Associates, Inc
- Poyner Spruill LLP
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Public Financial Management
- Itron (w/Tantalus) [See Itron Below -- This is still here because of Tantalus]
- Asplundh Tree Expert Co.
- Automated Energy
- Bellwether Management Solutions
- Booth & Associates, Inc
- Carolina Cat
- Carolina Tree Care
- Carolinas IT
- Caselle, Inc.
- dataVoice International
- Eaton Cooper Power Systems
- Elster Solutions
- FirstSouthwest, a Division of HilltopSecurities
- Greenfield Development
- Hawkins Delafield and Wood LLP
- Jennings, Strouss & Salmon, P.L.C.
- JP Morgan
- Lee Electrical Construction, Inc.
- Leidos Engineering
- McGill Associates
- Morgan Stanley
- N-Dimension Solutions
- National Information Solutions Cooperative
- Netwatch USA
- NexGen Utility Solutions
- NorthStar Utilities Solutions
- O2 emc
- Pike Electric
- Point & Pay
- Power Generation Services
- Power Products & Solutions
- Progressive Engineering Consultants
- Raymond James & Associates, Inc.
- River City Construction, Inc.
- Solomon Corporation
- SouthData, Inc.
- Southeastern Consulting Engineers
- The Energy Authority
- Tyler Technologies
- US Bank National Association
- Utility Financial Solutions, LLC
- Utility Lines Construction Services, Inc.
- US Bancorp
- Wells Fargo
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice, LLP
- Cummins Atlantic LLC
- Environmental Finance Center, UNC Chapel Hill
- NC State
- SAIC Energy, Environment & Infrastructure, LLC
- SunPower Corporation
- T&D Solutions
- Tantalus w/Carolina Meter
- Thompson Coburn LLP