October 4, 2019
ElectriCities of N.C.
Become part of the energy behind public power! ElectriCities has spent the past 50 years working closely with public power communities across North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia to improve their utility and government operations. We have an in-depth understanding of the utility business and the unique challenges each of these communities face. ElectriCities’ strength is bringing public power communities together to share knowledge in an effort to make their power safer and more reliable.
We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our Huntersville/Cornelius operation. The Associate Administrative Assistant will provide general administrative and accounts payable support. This position will be located in Huntersville, NC.
The Associate Administrative Assistant’s duties will include but are not limited to:
- Prepares invoices to be approved by manager and supervisors, tracks invoices, and prepares for delivery to the Towns both accounts payable and receivable.
- Receive, sort, scan, process and deliver mail for the Huntersville office. This includes going to the Town Halls in Cornelius and Huntersville, the local post office, and bank daily.
- Administer existing contracts with vendors notifying appropriate manager or supervisors of expiration and coordinating with the Towns the W-9, COI and E-Verify documents.
- Work closely with the Warehouse/Inventory employee for processing package slips and invoices.
- Coordinate scheduling, catering, and notification for various meetings, both internal and external, post legal notices as required and include on Corporate Calendar for general staff reference.
- Maintain office inventory by ordering supplies as needed for the Huntersville office.
- Provide, coordinate, and prioritize general administrative support for the Huntersville office.
- Maintain a Notary License for the witnessing of official documentation for ElectriCities.
Qualified candidates should possess:
- A high school diploma or GED.
- At least 4 – 5 years of administrative experience, with thorough working knowledge of office-related equipment or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of the MUNIS accounting system and the Towns’ budget coding in order to process and maintain the division’s spending reports and invoices.
- Proven computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze alternative solutions and provide recommendations accordingly.
The ability to handle and maintain confidential information and exercise discretion.
We offer challenging and rewarding careers in a family-friendly culture, a competitive compensation, benefits, and rewards package, as well as career development opportunities. ElectriCities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.