July 8, 2020
The Huntersville/Cornelius Division of ElectriCities operates and maintains the Town of Cornelius and the Town of Huntersville electric systems in an economical, efficient, safe, and reliable manner as contracted for in the Operating Agreement with each town under the Regions Project #1. This includes managing and administering the Operating Agreement and other contracts and agreements necessary for the operation and maintenance of the Towns’ Electric Systems along with constructing, installing, operating, and maintaining each Towns’ Electric Systems. This includes managing financial integrity by maintaining retail rates, accurate billing, cash collections, and asset safekeeping through processes and procedures and associated software and systems needed to meet the electric power requirements of the Towns and their respective customers, both present and future. The ElectriCities Operations Center located in the Town of Huntersville is where employees of the division operate and local customers settle their electric accounts.
ElectriCities is searching for a detailed oriented Associate Customer Service Representative!
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide excellent customer service to Huntersville and Cornelius electric customers in accordance with Town and ElectriCities policies and procedures.
- Handle all customer service requests including inquiries and concerns and resolve them or refer to others for resolution. Document customer accounts in Customer Information System as required.
- Issue, maintain, and update service work orders in coordination with the Line & Service Department. This includes maintaining meter issuance/setup in coordination with inspection from Mecklenburg County.
- Maintain meter reading routes and begin to learn billing process, cut-off process and move in/move out process.
- Process bank draft payments, mail payments, return checks, cash collections and web payments. Attend cash registers throughout the business day and answer phones.
- Maintain daily assignments from task list within the Customer Service Department.
- Travel to bank, post office, and Town Halls to deliver and pick up mail, retrieve customer payments and mail and deposit cash. This includes checking and stocking on site lockbox.
- Check and respond to the general voicemail box.
- Coordinate with the Business Office Supervisor during major power outages to cover customer phone calls. This may require being called into the office to answer phones during a power outage.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Business Office Supervisor in accordance with the goals and objectives of ElectriCities.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- A high school diploma or GED.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience working in customer service and billing systems within a municipal electric system or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.