July 1, 2019
Become part of the energy behind public power! ElectriCities has spent the past 50 years working closely with public power communities across North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia to improve their utility and government operations. We have an in-depth understanding of the utility business and the unique challenges each of these communities face. ElectriCities’ strength is bringing public power communities together to share knowledge in an effort to make their power safer and more reliable.
We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our Customer Service team. The Associate Customer Service Representative will provide excellent customer service to electric customers in the Towns of Huntersville and Cornelius, NC. This position will be located in Huntersville, NC.
The Associate Customer Service Representative’s duties will include but are not limited to:
- Handle all customer service requests including inquiries and concerns and resolve them or refer to others for resolution. Document customer account in the Customer Information System as required.
- Issue, maintain, and update service work orders in coordination with the Line & Service Department. This includes maintaining meter issuance/setup in coordination with inspection from Mecklenburg County.
- Maintain meter reading routes and begin to learn the billing process, cut-off process and move-in/move-out processes.
- Process bank draft payments, mail payments, return checks, cash collections and web payments. Attend cash registers throughout the business day and answer phones.
- Coordinate with the Business Office Supervisor during major power outages to cover customer phone calls. This may require being called into the office to answer phones during a power outage.
Qualified candidates should possess:
- A high school diploma or GED.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience working in customer service and billing systems within a municipal electric system or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
We offer challenging and rewarding careers in a family-friendly culture, a competitive compensation, benefits, and rewards package, as well as career development opportunities. ElectriCities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.