October 23, 2023
ElectriCities of NC
The Strategy & Services Division is responsible for leading long-term corporate planning efforts for the company and providing value-added services to ElectriCities Members. The Division is responsible for assessing members’ ability to provide competitive retail offerings and identifying strategic areas of need for the members within these offerings while monitoring the effectiveness of our members’ retail offerings through a variety of surveys and data collection. The Division develops and deploys programs to augment the efforts of the members where there are gaps. The Division advocates for action among the members through strategic messaging that is conveyed through conferences, training, regional meetings, and other outreach.
The Learning & Development Specialist will work collaboratively with the Educational Programs team to support and execute adult learning for our membership. The employee will be responsible for establishing and evaluating key processes related to the development of training curriculums, development of training plans, maintenance of records, and coordination and delivery of training activities for ElectriCities membership and our employees. Key partners include Educational Programs, Safety & Training, Member Services, and key subject matter experts within ElectriCities, our education partners and our membership. This role primarily supports the coordination and delivery of live and on-demand training courses and events for ElectriCities members and employees. This includes, but is not limited to, classroom-based learning, online courses and webinars.
- Coordinate systems, logistics, communications, and ongoing support for ElectriCities’ live and on-demand training courses and events. This includes building key partnerships with subject matter experts and instructors, printing services, catering organizations and other facility support. Additionally, this includes serving as primary customer service support for students enrolled in live training and select Career Development programs.
- Act as a champion for our student’s learning experience through a commitment to continuous improvement. This includes being an advocate for the student and continually assessing ElectriCities’ processes, materials and communication to ensure they enhance this experience.
- Serve as one of the subject matter experts for the organization’s Learning Management System (LMS) and build strong user acumen to support training classes and programs utilizing the organization’s Association Management System.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of current adult learning and development best practices.
- Review, update, and enhance training materials to ensure effectiveness of training.
- Develop and administer surveys and other assessment methodologies to evaluate learning effectiveness. Make recommendations regarding improvement of training programs based on observations and classroom feedback.
- Facilitate the documentation, distribution, and retention of course materials, evaluations, and certificates. Collaborate with Corporate Records to develop and maintain record retention processes in accordance with established requirements.
- Collaborate with key training partners and manager to establish an annual training calendar.
- Establish strong relationships with key partners for our safety training content and other professional development opportunities. Serve as the Educational Programs liaison with existing member working groups.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations and materials for training programs, as scheduled.
- Assist with execution of key marketing and communication efforts to support ElectriCities Educational Programs and Services.
- Lead the development of supplemental materials such as Best Practices, FAQs, and added training materials to support the Educational Programs, Safety Training team and Subject Matter Experts.
- Collaborate with the Supervisor, Educational Programs to establish and maintain key educational partner relationships and resources in support of existing and emerging training needs.
- Establish processes to collect and maintain training course feedback assessments. Analyze feedback to identify key “take aways,” and report findings to internal leadership.
- Work with Supervisor, Educational Programs to create flexible learning interventions and processes to meet the member development needs.
- Create and maintain documentation pertaining to business processes, system operations, product development, or other technical processes within the team. Review and edit documentation periodically for accuracy and completeness.
The employee works under the general guidance of the Supervisor, Educational Programs who provides guidelines for the employee to work within, reviews the employee’s performance periodically in terms of overall effectiveness and provides professional and administrative guidance as needed. The Supervisor, Educational Programs also approves requests for vacations and other time off. This position is not exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
The Learning & Development Specialist must maintain the physical condition necessary to perform tasks in an office setting such as operating a personal computer, keyboard, and other peripheral equipment. The Learning & Development Specialist must also maintain the physical condition to assist with the coordination of training classes (standing, walking, and sitting for extended periods). Periodic travel may be required to other NC office locations, member locations, and/or for training and development purposes.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Education, Organizational Development, Human Resources, or Business Administration. A combination of education, training and experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Technical acumen including database management, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Ability to demonstrate a strong customer-centric and service-oriented approach to work.
- Excellent time-management and multi-tasking skills. Ability to manage multiple projects utilizing process management, problem solving, and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail and demonstrated ability to handle a high level of confidential material and information.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills to work effectively with our membership, employees, and training partners.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to accept accountability and be self-directed in his/her work, requiring minimum supervision.
- We offer challenging and rewarding careers in a family-friendly culture, a competitive compensation, benefits, and rewards package, as well as career development opportunities. ElectriCities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ElectriCities of North Carolina, Inc., is the membership organization that provides power supply and related critical services to over 90 community-owned electric systems in North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia—collectively known as public power. ElectriCities manages the power supply for two power agencies in North Carolina and provides technical services to assist members in operating their electric distribution systems. ElectriCities also helps these locally owned and operated public power providers thrive today and in the future by delivering innovative services, including legislative, technical, communications, and economic development expertise.