April 10, 2023
ElectriCities of NC
The Economic Development Department is charged with planning and carrying out activities intended to assist North Carolina’s public power communities with growing their local economies and adding new load to their electric systems. The mission of the Economic Development Analyst is to enhance and promote public power in North Carolina by researching and organizing data in support of those economic and load growth initiatives as well reporting progress on same.
ElectriCities of North Carolina, Inc., is the membership organization that provides power supply and related critical services to over 90 community-owned electric systems in North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia—collectively known as public power. ElectriCities manages the power supply for two power agencies in North Carolina and provides technical services to assist members in operating their electric distribution systems. ElectriCities also helps these locally owned and operated public power providers thrive today and in the future by delivering innovative services, including legislative, technical, communications, and economic development expertise.
- Maintain a comprehensive body of knowledge on the value proposition (competitive advantages, assets, etc.) for investment and load growth in ElectriCities member communities.
- Prepare customized reports, analysis, and visualizations for requests for information (RFI’s), company and industry presentations, and materials for lead generation activities.
- Serve as primary user for multiple, data-focused platforms, responding to internal staff, as well as member driven data requests in a timely manner.
- Maintain records in multiple platforms including CRM, currently Executive Pulse, as well as ElectriCities’ association management system.
- Responsible for collaborating with other staff to create and maintain a variety of reports and data, used to track metrics and benchmarks for the Economic Development Department and strategic efforts.
- Assist with tracking relevant economic development announcements, administrative actions, and community interactions.
- Foster an environment of teamwork in order to effectively coordinate with other ElectriCities’ departments and personnel in the development of programs and services for ElectriCities’ members.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
The Economic Development Analyst works under the direct supervision of the Manager, Economic and Community Development. The Manager, Economic and Community Development also reviews the employee’s performance in terms of overall effectiveness and provides professional and administrative direction as needed. The Manager, Economic and Community Development approves all requests for vacation and other time off. This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards act.
The Economic Development Analyst must maintain the physical condition necessary to perform tasks in an office setting such as operating a personal computer, keyboard, and other peripheral equipment. Occasional travel is required to other NC office locations or other NC locations for business development purposes. Travel may also be required for training and development purposes.
- A Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business, Statistics, or Economics.
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience (e.g., consulting, economic/market research, policy analysis, etc.) Familiarity with economic development practices and methods preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite. Microsoft Power BI experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in data collection and analysis and establishment and maintenance of databases.
- Self-motivation and have the ability to complete work without supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
We offer challenging and rewarding careers in a family-friendly culture, a competitive compensation, benefits, and rewards package, as well as career development opportunities. ElectriCities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.