November 12, 2020
February 1, 2021
Town of Belhaven
The Town of Belhaven seeks to fill the position of Electric Line Worker First Class. This is a skilled position that requires two or more years’ experience as Electric Line Worker 2nd Class with municipal or private sector high voltage electrical distribution systems. Requires drug testing and background check prior to employment. Pay is based on experience and qualifications and ranges from $41K-$62K. Belhaven provides an excellent benefits package. Please submit a completed Town of Belhaven job application along with a cover letter, resume and references to Town of Belhaven, ATTN: HR, PO Box 220, Belhaven, NC 27810. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of application. Position is open until filled. Applications available at www.TownofBelhaven.com. The Town of Belhaven is an equal opportunity employer.
General oversight of 16 miles of distribution lines and approximately 1200 customers with support from the City of Washington.
- Provides journey-level electrical line technician work in the installation, maintenance, and repair of the Town’s electrical distribution and transmission systems including the setting of poles, anchors and guys, placing of cross arms and insulators, stringing and tapping of wires, and the installation of transformers, service drops, and metering equipment;
- Provides guidance and training to less experienced personnel;
- Installs and maintains streetlights, floodlights, and associated equipment in public areas; installs underground lines and associated equipment;
- Troubleshoots work to locate the sources causing power failure; makes defined repairs and restores electrical service;
- Climbs poles and works with high voltage electrical lines if working on overhead lines; works with power lines replace capacitor banks, distributes transformers on poles, insulators, and fuses;
- Uses hot sticks when working with live-lines on energized high-voltage electric power lines; tests voltage, tightens nuts and bolts, applies tie wires, opens and closes switches, replaces fuses. Maintains, inspects, tests, repairs and operates all transformers and other electrical equipment if working at the substation;
- Carries out requisite ground work in preparation for and at the conclusion of a job and maintains appropriate records and files;
- Locates and marks underground electrical wires when needed;
- Handles a variety of emergency problems;
- Performs stand-by duty and works emergency calls often during adverse weather conditions;
- Operates a substation;
- Trims and prunes trees around power lines and cuts grass on right-of-ways;
- Supervises and participates in emergency repairs after disruption of service;
- Operates bucket truck, digger derrick, forklift, and other construction equipment; operates special purpose line trucks and attached equipment; checks equipment daily to ensure they are operational and equipped to provide service;
- Assists with relocating other utilities such as cable, telephone, and fiber optic lines when setting new poles for the Town;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
For more information, visit: http://www.townofbelhaven.com