June 14, 2022
ElectriCities of NC
The Finance Division has the responsibility for the fiscal integrity of the North Carolina Municipal Power Agencies (Agencies) and ElectriCities of North Carolina, Inc. (ElectriCities). Through appropriate planning, managing, controlling, and monitoring of the financial activities of the entities, the Finance Division establishes an environment that fosters fiscally sound decisions and corporate compliance to result in accurate and timely disclosure of the financial activities of the entities. The Finance Division is also responsible for assuring the trustworthiness and evidentiary value of all corporate records, both paper and electronic, of the entities.
- Review Purchase Requisitions prepared by various department through the accounting software for accuracy. Issue/print Purchase Orders once Purchase Requisitions are approved through the workflow. Obtain appropriate approval for Purchase Orders.
- Log in all invoices and match against Purchase Orders. Scan Accounts Payable invoices for weekly processing. Distribute new invoices to the appropriate departments for approval.
- Receive all billing invoices, verify with requisitioner that all goods and services were provided as requested, match invoices to approved purchase orders, and send to accounts payable for payment. Reconcile any discrepancies between purchase orders and invoices with requisitioner and/or vendor. Obtain approval for amounts exceeding purchase order.
- Receive all checks and cash from the Agency participants and internal sources. Verify amounts, prepare deposits, and transport deposits to the bank. Prepare batches to be used for accounts receivable and cash receipts transactions to be recorded at the end of the month.
- Prepare journal vouchers for power suppliers’ bills as needed.
- Provide data entry assistance for other departmental personnel as requested.
- Assist EC and Agency accountants with annual fixed asset inventory and maintenance of fixed asset subsystem.
- Assist accounting and budgeting and troubleshooting purchasing, payment, and documentation of discrepancies.
- Recommend improvements and implement approved updates to ElectriCities’ PR/PO processing procedures.
- Perform vendor/invoice research functions as requested.
- Maintain and promote a cooperative team environment in order to promote collaboration with other departments/divisions and fellow employees.
- Perform other related duties as assigned. Cross train with other position within accounting department to serve as a backup.
The Associate General Accounting Technician must maintain the physical condition necessary to perform tasks in an office setting such as operating a personal computer, keyboard, and other peripheral equipment. Periodic travel may be required for training and development purposes.
The incumbent works under the direct supervision of the Manager, Accounting and Financial Reporting who reviews the incumbent’s work performance and provides professional and administrative guidance as needed. The Manager, Accounting approves requests for vacation and other time off. This position is non-exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Associate degree and one to two years of experience in an accounting environment.
- A working knowledge of double entry accounting methods, including an understanding of standard accounting codes, classifications, and terminology.
- Proficient with PC, and other office equipment (scanners, copiers, etc.)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office: Word and Excel.
- An ability to effectively communicate with others, excellent customer service skills.
- An ability to work independently to research and resolve problems.
We offer challenging and rewarding careers in a family-friendly culture, a competitive compensation, benefits, and rewards package, as well as career development opportunities. ElectriCities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.