June 21, 2022
New Bern, NC
City of New Bern
We are recruiting for two vacant positions. One (1) vacancy in Public Utilities/Electric and one (1) vacancy in Information Technology/GIS. Applicants will be considered for both vacancies.
Performs highly technical work in the support, maintenance, and development of GIS infrastructure and related database(s); plans, researches, and analyzes GIS solutions to provide recommendations that will lead to the improvement of GIS products and services; develops work plans to execute prioritized and approved GIS projects assigned; develops basic to complex programming solutions utilizing GIS existing tools.
$27.71 – $45.10 Hourly
$2,216.73 – $3,607.69 Biweekly
$57,635.00 – $93,800.00 Annually
Administration and maintenance of the department’s Geographical Information System; Management of the department’s SDE database; Development and implementation of GIS applications; Integration of GIS data with third-party software as needed; Advisement of management and staff with regards to GIS best practices.
(The following tasks are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position of the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.)
- Develop, test, and maintain GIS data, applications, and mapping products for the City of New Bern.
- Develop plans and procedures for effective integration or transfer of GIS data from various sources into the Enterprise ArcSDE geodatabase.
- Analyze end-user needs, conduct GIS analysis, and develop plans and GIS web applications to support end-users.
- Create, develop, and present processes, reports, maps, and charts of data displayed by geographical region for analysis and generate statistical analysis on complex data. Design new GIS analysis methodologies, applications, and strategies.
- Troubleshoot and debug errors in the development and maintenance phase of the application development life cycle.
- Participate in and assist with the planning, development, implementation, and training of automated applications to align GIS solutions with customer business requirements and initiatives.
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards as part of the development of the GIS infrastructure.
Demonstrated experience with ESRI suite of software, including ArcGIS desktop suite, ArcGIS Pro, Enterprise Portal for ArcGIS, ArcGIS server, SDE, ArcGIS Online, Model Builder, WebApp Builder, Survey 123, and Collector/Field Maps; Demonstrated experience with ArcGIS tools, extensions, and methodology such as Network Analyst, Spatial Analyst, Geometric Network, and topology rules; Demonstrated experience implementing, maintaining, and documenting GIS projects and AGOL applications; Demonstrated experience working with enterprise databases and data integration practices; Experience with presenting and supporting GIS techniques and principles; Experience utilizing hardware for GIS applications, including tablet, desktop, laptop, and server.
Education and Experience:
Possession of an appropriate driver’s license valid in the State of North Carolina.
The City of New Bern is an Equal Opportunity Employer.