April 22, 2020
The Member Services Division of ElectriCities has the mission to meet the needs of our ultimate electric customers, and to provide leadership and value-added services to our members. We will focus upon quality and to seek ways to exceed our customers’ expectations, and to enhance the image of public power in North Carolina by supporting education, communication and other pertinent programs and services, with a professional, team-oriented spirit.
The Key Accounts Manager will:
- Deliver, in the field, competitive programs and services, including energy services, industrial retention programs, to key commercial and industrial accounts.
- Assist in developing and managing programs and services that address the needs of members’ key accounts.
- Establish and maintain relationships with the management of the members’ customers that have been identified as Key Accounts by the member cities.
- Coordinate and communicate all customer contact through both formal and informal reporting mechanisms with the appropriate municipal and NCMPA1 representatives.
- Develop and deliver to members results from market research for new products and value-added services.
- Analyze and collect customers’ metered data, as needed; conduct or coordinate technical analysis of customers’ electrical consumption and processes to recommend ways of improving customers’ operations and promote electro technologies where appropriate.
- Provide support to the development, or oversight of development by contract, of data analytic tools and reports used to assist members and their customers’ energy usage. This will include annual EIA data review and submission.
- Deliver and project manage energy related services through the Energy Solutions Partner Program to ElectriCities members. This involves the development and management of partnerships and programs that bring value-added services to our cities and their customers to accomplish load growth, load management, customer retention and improved customer power reliability.
- Conduct regular, ongoing market research to measure customers’ attitudes and perceptions towards our member municipalities, monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of NCMPA1’s marketing programs and rates; gather local, competitive intelligence; and provide periodic reports to management of such activities.
- Follow up, measure and monitor the effectiveness of programs, services, and marketing efforts and make recommendations for adjustments to enhance and improve their effectiveness.
- Develop NC-specific training opportunities for Member Cities Key Account managers and customer service personnel.
- Provide opportunities for key accounts customers to learn more about how to become more energy efficient, through the use of in-person seminars, webinars and on-line information products such as Questline.
- Foster an environment of teamwork in order to effectively coordinate with other ElectriCities departments and personnel in the development of programs and services for members.
- Maintain accountability for and work within approved budget and work plan objectives.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Business, Engineering, or Marketing.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience related to utility marketing and/or industrial plant experience or a combination of education and experience.
- Familiarity with utility marketing and key account management.
- Flexibility and willingness to work outside of normal business hours, traveling to participant cities and other locations as needed.
- Experience with relational databases and working knowledge of metering and power quality analysis software.
- Capability to work with the staff members, local and state development organizations, and participants’ retail commercial/industrial customers.
- Experience in direct customer contact and demonstrated success in establishing and maintaining customer relationships.
- A variety of professional certifications (preferred, but not required): Certified Energy Manager (CEM), Professional Energy Manager (PEM), Key Public Power Account Executive (KPPAE), Certified Lighting Efficiency Professional, Certified Power Quality Professional, Certified Energy Procurement Professional and/or Business Energy Professional.
- A valid North Carolina driver’s license.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
We offer challenging and rewarding careers in a family-friendly culture, a competitive compensation, benefits, and rewards package, as well as career development opportunities. ElectriCities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.