October 8, 2019
ElectriCities or N.C.
Become part of the energy behind public power! ElectriCities has spent the past 50 years working closely with public power communities across North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia to improve their utility and government operations. We have an in-depth understanding of the utility business and the unique challenges each of these communities face. ElectriCities’ strength is bringing public power communities together to share knowledge in an effort to make their power safer and more reliable.
We are looking for a dynamic individual to be part of our Human Resources team. The Manager, Educational Programs oversees training and development initiatives for ElectriCities Members and internal staff. The incumbent will identify key training needs and oversee curricula, programs and processes that provide for appropriate training and development for ElectriCities and our Members, enhancing knowledge and job skills in a complex and changing environment. Training opportunities may be provided through a variety of formats in order to meet the needs of our members and our employees. This position will be located in Raleigh, NC.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Establish the long-term strategic direction of ElectriCities’ Learning & Development (L&D) program for Members and internal staff.
- Conduct needs assessments and market analyses to determine a portfolio of L&D offerings.
- Work with subject matter experts to establish a 3-year development plan of offerings.
- Oversee the design and development of ElectriCities and member training curricula and programs.
- Assess and make recommendations regarding training approaches and media to meet the varied needs of Members and internal staff.
- Establish budgets, maintain profit and loss responsibility, and assess the most cost-effective delivery methods for offerings to meet market needs.
- Design, modify and implement systems and processes to manage and facilitate training programs and records.
- Establish network of internal, contract or consulting resources to support curriculum development and delivery.
- Foster relationships with public partners and agencies in the development and delivery of training curricula.
- Continuously evaluate program offerings for effectiveness.
- Advise Management on current L&D trends and best practices.
- Supervise L&D coordination and curriculum development staff.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Education, Organizational Development, or a related field.
- A minimum of ten years of corporate training and development experience, which includes developing training strategies, conducting needs assessments, designing and implementing systems and processes, designing and executing programs and curriculums, and delivering training through a variety of methods.
- A minimum of five years of experience leading teams.Prior experience managing profit and loss for product or service offerings is preferred.
- Experience working in the Utility or Energy Services industry and/or with a membership organization is highly desired.
- Demonstrated expertise in training best practices and familiarity with traditional and current training methods, including classroom, eLearning, self-paced, on-the-job, coaching, live on-demand, etc.
- Strong project management and negotiation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills to work effectively with our Membership, internal teams, and training partners.
- Exceptional written, verbal, presentation, and facilitation skills.
- Familiarity with personal computers and database management, including strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Demonstrated flexibility and willingness to work outside of normal business hours. Periodic day and overnight travel to Member cities and other locations is required.
We offer challenging and rewarding careers in a family-friendly culture, a competitive compensation, benefits, and rewards package, as well as career development opportunities. ElectriCities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.