June 18, 2020
Become part of the energy behind public power! ElectriCities has spent the past 50 years working closely with public power communities across North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia to improve their utility and government operations. We have an in-depth understanding of the utility business and the unique challenges each of these communities face. ElectriCities’ strength is bringing public power communities together to share knowledge in an effort to make their power safer and more reliable.
Be part of your local community and make a difference. Regional Operations offers a home base work/life balance, as well as opportunity to help other local public power providers through mutual aid agreements. We offer a variety of work and lifestyle benefits, health and wellness benefits, local government pension, 401(k) retirement, competitive pay, and a performance based incentive program. ElectriCities offers a Lineworker Career Development program as well as continuing education classes taught by in-house Safety & Training personnel and other industry experts. ElectriCities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply online now and join our expanding operation!
We are looking for a Power Line Technician to join a model public power utility operation. Both the Journeyman and Apprentice levels are welcome to apply. This position will be located in the Lexington, NC area.
The Power Line Technician’s duties will include but are not limited to:
- Involvement with and/or performance of a variety of tasks such as overhead and underground primary and secondary work.
- Perform system repairs, capital projects, new installations, relocations, and conversions of Overhead to Underground, as well as customer service connections.
- Support of regional operations of neighboring towns and cities.
- Participation in the on-call rotation and outage response time is required.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- A diploma from a standard high school or vocational school, supplemented with technical courses related to electricity and basic electrical theory.
- A minimum of two years of experience as a Power Line Technician II or III; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Successful completion or partial completion of the Lineman Career Development Program, and apprentice program, having successfully passed required testing.
- Possession of a valid North Carolina commercial driver’s license (CDL) – Class A.
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug and/or alcohol screening.