May 7, 2020
The Member Services and Corporate Planning Division is responsible for leading long-term corporate planning efforts for the company and providing value-added services to ElectriCities’ member electric utilities. The Division is responsible for assessing members’ ability to provide competitive retail offerings and identifying strategic areas of need for Members in these offerings. The Division monitors the effectiveness of our Members retail offerings through a variety of surveys and data collection. The Division develops programs to augment the efforts of the Members where there are gaps. The Division advocates for action amongst the Members through strategic messaging that is conveyed through conferences, training, regional meetings, and other outreach.
The Product Development Specialist works closely with ElectriCities’ Members, the Division, the communications team, operations, finance, and vendors to manage the conceptualization, launch, and life-cycle management of utility solutions for our Members. The Product Development Specialist must have a bias toward action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive solution development. Primary responsibilities include:
- Identify and analyze the needs of our Members and retail electric customers. Understand retail customer segments and identify key solutions that meet the needs of customers. This will include administering and analyzing the Retail Customer Survey, Electric Utility Assessment, and other methods to gather data on our Members and retail electric customers. Utilizing this research and industry knowledge, serve as the subject matter expert on retail customer preferences.
- Coordinate and prioritize solution development efforts from conceptualization through launch. Perform market research and support for new and existing programs offered to Members. Based on research and industry knowledge, provide strategic input on behalf of members and retail customers in new program design.
- Work closely with the Communications department to assist in developing and executing program marketing strategies, program development, and identifying key focus areas for communications based on research, surveys, and industry knowledge.
- Develop business cases, pro forma financial analyses, and project charters that estimate the costs and impacts of solutions, programs, and training classes. This may involve developing new corporate budgeting or expense processes to better manage the programs.
- Serve as the project manager for designated Member and customer insight projects across ElectriCities. This includes promotion of the projects to increase participation, establishing deadlines, vendor management, analysis, and presentation of results.
- Facilitate quarterly budget reporting for conference and dues programs.
- Provide custom insight and analysis to Members regarding their retail electric customers based on survey findings, benchmarking, and industry trends. Provide custom insight and analysis to Members on their Electric Utility Assessments, including benchmark comparisons.
- Monitor the effectiveness of existing solutions. Establish benchmarks for evaluating the success of existing solutions. Analyze, prioritize, and recommend actions to improve, maintain, or terminate existing solutions offered by ElectriCities.
- Support conference planning teams for the ElectriCities Annual Conference and Connections Summit. Establish and track budget, participate on planning teams, and help ensure conference content matches the information that Members desire. Support various internal and Member-facing teams such as the Utility Directors Advisory Committee and the Communications Task Force.
- Frequent travel within the state of North Carolina and periodic travel within the U.S. for training and development purposes is required.
Qualified candidates should possess:
- Master of Business Administration degree and a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Finance, Economics or a related field from a four-year university or college.
- Five years of experience in Marketing or product development in a service-oriented organization, preferably in a technology or utility industry.
- Excellent analytical skills as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to oversee multiple simultaneous projects and work with a high level of energy and excel in a team-oriented environment.
- Willingness to accept responsibility and be capable of working on his/her own initiative with minimal supervision.
We offer challenging and rewarding careers in a family-friendly culture, a competitive compensation, benefits, and rewards package, as well as career development opportunities. ElectriCities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.