November 26, 2018
Become part of the energy behind public power! ElectriCities has spent the past 50 years working closely with public power communities across North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia to improve their utility and government operations. We have an in-depth understanding of the utility business and the unique challenges each of these communities face. ElectriCities’ strength is bringing public power communities together to share knowledge in an effort to make their power safer and more reliable.
We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our Operations team. The Retail Accounts and Power Exchange Administrator is responsible for operating and installing meters in the MV-90 xi operating system, maintaining databases in the MV-90 xi and in the Customer Database and Billing System. This person is also responsible for ensuring accurate accounting information for invoicing counterparties for all market transactions, to monitor specific invoices for accuracy, to provide accurate and timely daily forecasts to the power marketers and 24X7 team, and to facilitate the EIA-861 filing process for our Agency1 member municipalities. This role adds value by ensuring NCMPA1 is financially responsible in it interactions with agency cities and counterparties and by ensuring accuracy of invoices received and distributed thereby saving money for Agency1. This position will be located in Raleigh, NC and periodic travel may be required.
- Operate automated remote metering system (MV-90 xi) for installing, programming and reading meters for NCMPA1 generator sites (including Power Agency Generation, Prime Power Park Generation, Power Supply Distributed Generation, Distributed Generation and solar generation, and retail billing and load research. Coordinate manual readings with the contract meter technician.
- Maintain accurate customer database, including meter configurations and interrogation protocols. Review and document meter setup, transformer ratios and communications protocols to ensure accurate and correct metering process.
- Administer and maintain accurate NCMPA1 Market Energy Database to increase service and systems functionality to meet staff and participants’ needs and improve efficiency of operations.
- Deliver accurate and understandable retail billing statements, billing determinants, customer hourly data, customer usage and billing history by the contractual deadline each month. Provide additional billing data and reports as requested to the participant cities for retail customers. Analyze and resolve billing concerns and metering problems to provide excellent and timely customer service and support.
- Administer and operate the market transactions system.
- Provide backup for wholesale billing activities. Maintain knowledge and ability to assist with backup for the NCMPA1 and NCEMPA wholesale billing process to support the Senior Wholesale Billing Analysts. Perform assigned backup duties for the wholesale billing process as needed.
- Identify, document and facilitate resolution of software, hardware and communication problems as required in conjunction with the Operations Engineer and the Senior Wholesale Billing Analyst.
- A Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree in a business-related field.
- Five years of progressively responsible work experience in utility billing or market utility billing, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word, SAS, remote billing system (MV-90 xi), EEI, ISDA, and NAESB contracts, OASIS, OASIS related sites, transmission tariffs, OATI, A working knowledge of accounting experience is preferred.
- Strong attention to detail as well as solid problem-solving skills.
- The ability and willingness to accept responsibility and the capability to work on his/her own initiative with general guidance.
We offer challenging and rewarding careers in a family-friendly culture, a competitive compensation, benefits, and rewards package, as well as career development opportunities. ElectriCities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.