December 14, 2022
ElectriCities of NC
The Huntersville/Cornelius Division of ElectriCities operates and maintains the Town of Cornelius and the Town of Huntersville electric systems in an economical, efficient, safe, and reliable manner as contracted for in the Operating Agreement with each town under the Regions Project #1. This includes managing and administering the Operating Agreement and other contracts and agreements necessary for the operation and maintenance of the Towns’ Electric Systems along with constructing, installing, operating, and maintaining each Towns’ Electric Systems and managing the financial integrity by maintaining retail rates, accurate billing, cash collections, and asset safekeeping through processes and procedures and associated software and systems needed to meet the electric power requirements of the Towns and their respective customers, both present and future. The ElectriCities Operations Center located in the Town of Huntersville is where employees of the division operate, and local customers settle their electric accounts.
- Provide excellent customer service to Huntersville and Cornelius electric customers in accordance with Town and ElectriCities Customer Service policies and procedures.
- Handle all customer service requests including inquiries and concerns and resolve them in accordance with established policies and procedures or refers to others for resolution.
- Handle the more difficult customer concerns, including referrals from Customer Service Representatives.
- Review and recommend revisions additions and deletions to the Customer Service Policies and Procedures.
- Schedules, coordinates and completes the billing for Huntersville and Cornelius customers accurately and on schedule independently overseeing the overall process and acting as a resource for Customer Service Representatives. This includes Equal Payment Plan reconciliations and refunds and monthly final customer refunds and deposit refunds.
- Ensures retail rate changes are incorporated in the system and verification of bills takes place after changes to ensure accuracy. Review all bill corrections when needed and review bill classifications for accuracy in conjunction with Supervisor.
- Train and communicate ElectriCities Customer Service Policies and Procedure Manual training to all Customer Service Representatives. This includes training Customer Service Representatives on billing process and procedures. Train Customer Service Representatives in daily activities and customer billing and provide guidance when needed.
- Assist with the scheduling of customer service work and meter reading, including reviewing monthly work calendar and daily task list.
- Issue, maintain, and update service work orders tracking completeness and acting as a resource for Customer Service Representatives.
- Process bank drafts, collect returned checks, process deposit refunds and credit refunds, and process cash collections and web payments.
- Provide archive, trial balance and daily deposit log reports daily and other reports as necessary.
- Recommend and coordinate notices and bill inserts that accompany the customer bills.
- Verify customer accounts are being documented properly by Customer Service Representatives. Maintain working knowledge of Customer Information System including the ability to train others and troubleshoot minor problems.
- Coordinates with the Business Office Supervisor during major power outages to cover customer phone calls. This may require being called into the office to answer phones during a power outage.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Business Office Supervisor in accordance with the goals and objectives of ElectriCities.
The Senior Customer Service Representative works under the direct guidance of the Business Office Supervisor who reviews the employee’s work performance periodically in terms of overall effectiveness and provides professional guidance as necessary. Time sheets, vacation time, sick leave, etc., will be reviewed and approved by the Business Office Supervisor.
The Senior Customer Service Representative must maintain the physical condition necessary to perform tasks in an office setting such as operating a personal computer, keyboards, and other peripheral equipment. Occasionally, other requirements include stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling, and lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
- Degree from a standard high school or vocational school is required.
- Must possess at least 2 years of experience in functions of municipal electric systems, and 3 years of experience in accounting, customer service, customer billing system.
- Experienced working in a fast-paced environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
We offer challenging and rewarding careers in a family-friendly culture, a competitive compensation, benefits, and rewards package, as well as career development opportunities. ElectriCities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.