April 5, 2019
ElectriCities of North Carolina
Become part of the energy behind public power! ElectriCities has spent the past 50 years working closely with public power communities across North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia to improve their utility and government operations. We have an in-depth understanding of the utility business and the unique challenges each of these communities face. ElectriCities’ strength is bringing public power communities together to share knowledge in an effort to make their power safer and more reliable.
We offer challenging and rewarding careers in a family-friendly culture, a competitive compensation, benefits, and rewards package, as well as career development opportunities. ElectriCities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our Human Resources team.The Senior Human Resources Specialist will advise employees on company policies, procedures, programs and benefits and will oversee human resources information recordkeeping and reporting. The Senior Human Resources Specialist will ensure accurate and timely administration of health, welfare, and retirement plans and facilitate various HR processes and procedures. This position will be located in Raleigh, NC.
The Senior Human Resources Specialist’s duties will include but are not limited to:
- Advise employees on HR, benefits, or policy questions or issues.
- Facilitate the new hire process including the coordination of new hire orientation and training.
- Administer the exit process, including conducting exit interviews.
- Manage the retirement process, including counseling on retirement benefits and procedures and administering the retiree medical plan.
- Advise employees on benefits questions or issues and collaborate with the company’s benefits advisor and insurance carriers on day-to-day administration of all benefits programs including health plans, life insurance, disability, flexible spending, retirement, 401(k), 457, and supplemental benefits.
- Administer disability and leave programs including FMLA, short and long term disability and workers compensation.
- Work collaboratively with the Payroll Administrator to ensure all employment and benefits related information is accurate in payroll and coordinate with Payroll and Accounting on monthly benefits reconciliation.
- Serve as the primary back-up to the Payroll Administrator on all payroll processing and reporting procedures as well as conduct a secondary review of semi-monthly payroll prior to transmission.
- Prepare required governmental filing and reports for compliance (EEO-4, OSHA, 1095s, etc.) as well as conduct regular audits of records.
- Support recruitment processes, including reviewing and/or sourcing resumes, conducting phone screens, managing job postings, scheduling interviews, and assisting with the applicant tracking system maintenance.
- Ensure confidentiality of employee data and information and maintain appropriate documentation.
Qualified candidates should possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Accounting or Human Resources or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience as a Human Resources Generalist or Benefits Administrator in a corporate setting, including management of comprehensive benefits and employee programs.
- Strong experience managing FMLA and disability cases.
- Prior payroll administration, review or reconciliation experience.
- Strong working knowledge of federal and NC regulations such as ADA, FMLA, HIPAA, COBRA, workers compensation, and FLSA and wage and hour guidelines.
- Experience with HR information systems (HRIS) and intermediate level knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to handle and work with a high level of confidential material and information.
- Strong critical thinking skills and customer service orientation.
- Flexibility and the ability to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-faced environment.
- Tact and diplomacy to develop the confidence and trust of employees and management as well as excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills.