February 6, 2020
Become part of the energy behind public power! ElectriCities has spent the past 50 years working closely with public power communities across North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia to improve their utility and government operations. We have an in-depth understanding of the utility business and the unique challenges each of these communities face. ElectriCities’ strength is bringing public power communities together to share knowledge in an effort to make their power safer and more reliable.
The Senior Rate Analyst is responsible for rate analysis, guidance and providing excellent customer service to ElectriCities’ members concerning retail rates, wholesale cost and revenue analysis and projections, and assistance with members’ economic development rate analysis.
- Develop and perform retail rate studies for member cities; including identifying and recommending changes in retail rate levels, billing structures and rate schedule documentation while considering fair and equitable cost responsibility among customer classes.
- Monitor and facilitate cost of service analysis and other retail rate studies that may be performed by consultants.
- Develop short term and long term wholesale power cost projections for power agency member cities. Provide monthly reporting to monitor forecast versus actual wholesale power costs.
- Develop specific innovative rate programs for individual participants that keep pace with industry trends that will enhance each participant’s ability to continue economic development initiatives in their communities while maintaining positive financial margins and assist with developing Agency-wide innovative rate programs.
- Design and recommend retail rates to member cities that are consistent with NCMPA1 and NCEMPA wholesale rates and power supply programs while monitoring and striving for regionally competitive retail rates.
- Present retail rate studies, innovative rate designs and special project results to member city/town boards and staff.
- Assist Senior Retail Accounts Administrator as needed and fully train in all aspects of the retail billing process and systems to be able to perform duties as a back-up for the monthly retail billing function for NCEMPA member cities.
- Assist with retail billing services including checking retail bills for accuracy, maintaining a current library of retail rates in electronic and paper form and reviewing reports from the Retail Billing System (“RBS”).
- Protect confidentiality of load profile data, billing information and rate schedules due to the sensitive nature of the information and responsibilities to the cities that entrust that data to NCMPA1 and NCEMPA.
- Maintain knowledge and ability to perform all aspects of retail billing process and systems and guide Retail Billing and Extranet enhancements that mirror changes to retail rates and customer needs.
- Monitor applicable competitor rates. Perform competitive rate comparisons as needed.
- Prepare special projects, analysis and complete data requests involving rate-related issues as needed including analysis that may be required to ensure all aspects of the retail billing systems are current and correct.
- Assist Municipals with annual EIA Surveys.
- Provide input and support implementation of the annual business plan of the Operations Division.
- Foster an environment of teamwork with the ElectriCities departments and personnel to effectively coordinate the development of programs and services for ElectriCities members.
- Maintain a positive professional working relationship with the participants and their customers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Supervisor, Rates in accordance with the goals and objectives of ElectriCities.
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree in a business-related field or equivalent
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Five years prior experience in retail or wholesale rate development and/or financial analysis
- Advanced spreadsheet and database experience
- Advanced Excel, SAS, and MV90-XI experience is preferred
- Demonstrated willingness to accept responsibility, take initiative and be self-motivated while accepting general guidance
- Flexibility to perform the back-up duties for the Senior Retail Accounts Administrator
We offer challenging and rewarding careers in a family-friendly culture, a competitive compensation, benefits, and rewards package, as well as career development opportunities. ElectriCities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.