December 16, 2022
ElectriCities of NC
The Facilities Department is responsible for providing a vast array of administrative and physical resource services — primarily to staff, but also to the membership.
Administratively, the department’s areas of responsibility include mail and copy center services, maintenance of the corporate offices, management of the corporate vehicle fleet, and management of the corporate purchasing function as outlined below.
On the physical resources side, the department is responsible for building compliance with all applicable legislation and regulation, as well as employee safety and health issues.
- Supervise the facilities staff to make sure all buildings and grounds are maintained across all administrative locations.
- Prepare purchase requisitions for all office furniture, equipment, repairs, supplies and printing services, and others as needed; receive and review purchase requisitions for accurate completion; obtain product price quotes including ensuring compliance with all relevant bidding requirements; and aid employees in the selection of office furniture, preparation of purchase requisitions, and general guidance on the ElectriCities’ Procurement Policies and Procedures.
- Issue purchase orders to vendors and prepare the final request for proposals and invitations for bid packages.
- Receive and verify all goods delivered to ElectriCities, checking with the requisitioner that all services have been completed as requested. Provide for receipt and delivery of all equipment, supplies and services.
- Responsible for recommending new or replacement office equipment and reviewing and recommending new and renewal contracts for such equipment. This includes equipment for other satellite offices as well.
- Lead the function in the proper planning of office space, office furniture and decor; office cleaning and maintenance; and office security.
- Issue general office supplies, perform inventory control, and dispose of surplus furniture, equipment, and supplies in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Assist accounting and budgeting with troubleshooting purchasing, payment, and documentation of discrepancies.
- Perform month-end cost summary reports and other expense reports as required.
- Oversee proper maintenance of plants, proper delivery of products and functioning of vending and coffee machines, and replacement of office building lights.
- Responsible for physical and written key inventory for office building and furniture.
- Maintain facilities services including building projects; resolve customer concerns about heating and air conditioning, and other building related issues as well as ensure building complies with OSHA regulations.
- Manage ElectriCities’ building heating, cooling and ventilation systems; monitor and adjust temperature settings and supervise maintenance contractor in order to maintain comfortable and healthy work environment for staff, visitors, boards and committees consistent with efficient operation of systems.
- Responsible for maintaining a fire evacuation plan to ensure that all employees are aware of the safety issues in case of a fire.
- Ensure timely maintenance; conduct safety programs; coordinate licensing and state inspection of vehicles according to company policy and state law; monitor OSHA and state legislation and regulations concerning fleet operations; maintain operating and maintenance statistics; act as a liaison between law enforcement agencies and insurance company in the event of accidents or stolen vehicles; and purchase new and dispose of retired vehicles.
- Provide assistance for the necessary maintenance and review of corporate insurance policies to assure the protection of corporate assets.
- Maintain and develop the annual budget for Facilities and assist with the preparation of the annual departmental business plan; monitor the division’s budget during the year.
- Keep up to date concerning new and upgraded software pertaining to the building security system and training.
- Keep up to date concerning new and upgraded software pertaining to the HVAC system and training.
- Oversee the contracts and work of the janitorial services in the building.
- Maintain the first aid supplies and kits throughout building.
- Responsible for maintaining the ID card system and updates.
- Maintain and keep in order any outside storage facilities.
- Actively foster an environment of cooperation and teamwork in order to effectively work with other departments/divisions and fellow employees. Perform other related duties as assigned.
The Supervisor, Facilities works under the direct supervision of the Vice President, Information Technology who provides broad objectives for the employee to work within, reviews the employee’s performance periodically in terms and overall effectiveness, and provides professional and administrative guidance as needed. The Vice President, Information Technology also approves requests for vacations and other time off. This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
The Supervisor, Facilities must maintain the physical condition necessary to perform tasks in an office setting such as sitting for long periods and operating a personal computer, keyboards, and other peripheral equipment. This position also requires:
- Frequently standing, walking, climbing, kneeling, stooping, crouching, reaching, and bending
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to grasp, pull, and turn
- Ability to push, pull, and lift 40 pounds frequently
- Frequent travel is also required to other NC office locations and/or for training and development purposes.
- A minimum of 5 years in facilities management with at least 3 years of direct supervisory experience required.
- Associate degree (or higher) in accounting, business administration, or a related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- 3 more years of experience in an accounting or purchasing environment.
- A working knowledge of standard accounting procedures, codes and terminology pertinent to the procurement operation.
- A working knowledge of fire codes and business continuity development.
- A working knowledge of ergonomics in the workplace to better recommend various furniture and environments for employees.
- The ability to communicate and work as a team effectively with others.
We offer challenging and rewarding careers in a family-friendly culture, a competitive compensation, benefits, and rewards package, as well as career development opportunities. ElectriCities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.