January 3, 2024
The Supervisor, Settlements is responsible for leadership of a team in providing accurate and timely dissemination of data related to wholesale billing, retail billing, and energy market transactions for the Power Agencies and their members, ensuring effective support of Power Agency contractual obligations while delivering exceptional service to members. This supervisor role will be responsible for retail billing assistance to its 32 NCEMPA members for large commercial, industrial, and renewable customers.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervisory oversight and direction to the Settlements staff to ensure that their major duties and responsibilities are accomplished in an efficient and effective manner that is consistent with the overall objectives of ElectriCities and the Power Agencies.
- Responsible for the administration and delivery of accurate retail billing, remote meter interrogations for retrieval of meter load data, maintenance of databases, data analysis and reporting.
- Operate remote metering software (MV-90XI) to retrieve retail billing meter data for commercial, industrial, and renewable customers. Review and validate data for accuracy and completeness. Process, edit, and estimate data, as needed. Maintain up to date knowledge of MV-90XI software, implement updates and manage software licenses as required.
- Operate the SAS billing system to deliver accurate, understandable, and timely billing statements by the agreed upon deadline each month for the NCEMPA Retail Billing Program. Analyze and resolve billing questions to provide excellent and timely customer service and support.
- Oversee the development and operation of distributed generation meter data processing and billing services to ensure accuracy, efficiency, and timeliness of data flow to the wholesale billing process.
- Coordinate the marketing of extranet data services through maintenance of accurate database, enhancement of database capabilities and presentation of extranet capabilities to the participants and their commercial and industrial customers.
- Manage the development and production of participant wholesale billing and other related services to ensure accuracy, efficiency, timeliness, and responsiveness of service.
- Supervise the collection, reconciliation and billing of market energy, transmission, and other contractual transactions to ensure accuracy, efficiency, timeliness, and responsiveness of service.
- Direct the development, enhancement, and documentation of wholesale billing, retail billing and load research data, market energy transactions, distributed generation (both renewable and non-renewable) metering and billing programs and systems coordinating with the Manager of Rates.
- Foster an environment of teamwork with other ElectriCities divisions in order to effectively coordinate the development and implementation of programs and services for the ElectriCities members.
- Develop and maintain a positive professional working relationship with members and their customers, the investor-owned utilities, the electric cooperatives and other external parties and stakeholders.
- Assist ElectriCities’ members with annual EIA -861 surveys.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Manager, Rates and Settlements in accordance with the goals and objectives of ElectriCities and the Power Agencies.
The Supervisor, Settlements must maintain the physical condition necessary to perform tasks in an office setting such as operating a personal computer, keyboard, and other peripheral equipment. Frequent travel within the state of North Carolina and periodic travel within the U.S. for training and development purposes is required.
The Supervisor, Settlements works under the general guidance of the Manager, Rates and Settlements who reviews the employee’s work performance under ElectriCities guidelines in terms of overall effectiveness and provides professional guidance as needed. Time sheets, vacation time, sick leave, etc., will be reviewed and approved by the Manager, Rates and Settlements. This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- A Bachelor of Science or a Bachelor of Arts degree in a business-related field or equivalent work experience.
- Ideally 5 years’ experience in electric utility environment or an appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills including written, verbal and presentation skills. Ability to build cooperative working relationships across the organization.
- Demonstrated analytical thinking, big-picture thinking and critical problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of various technical platforms. Proficiency with Microsoft Excel. Prior experience with advanced Excel, SAS and MV90-XI is preferred.
- Familiarity with computer programming and data processing systems to provide hands-on analytical and technical support is preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills in a collaborative team environment. Responsible for individual professional growth. Ability to motivate others with a positive attitude and enthusiasm.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new information and willingness to learn new methods for best practices with an innovative mindset.
- Ability to lead projects, prioritize tasks, manage timelines and deliverables.
We offer challenging and rewarding careers in a family-friendly culture, a competitive compensation, benefits, and rewards package, as well as career development opportunities. ElectriCities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ElectriCities of North Carolina, Inc., is the membership organization that provides power supply and related critical services to over 90 community-owned electric systems in North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia—collectively known as public power. ElectriCities manages the power supply for two power agencies in North Carolina and provides technical services to assist members in operating their electric distribution systems. ElectriCities also helps these locally owned and operated public power providers thrive today and in the future by delivering innovative services, including legislative, technical, communications, and economic development expertise.