March 19, 2021
Town of Maiden
The Town of Maiden is seeking a Class A Line Technician. Employees in this position perform advanced journey level technical work in the installation, maintenance and repair of electrical lines. An employee in this position will work with secondary and primary high voltage lines by serving as the lead in the absence of the supervisor. Employee is expected to know and follow all safety protocols.
A variety of tools are used, including the use of a back hoe, line truck and bucket truck. Employees will be required to cross-train in order to assist other departments. This position is subject to call back for electrical outages and other emergencies. Duties include operation and maintenance of line truck, removal and setting of electrical poles, assists in hanging and connecting transformers and assists with stringing of primary and secondary lines.
- Participates in the installation and alignment of power lines poles, stinging primary and secondary lines; attaching wire to insulators, repairing and replacing cross arms.
- Operates bucket and line truck and other heavy equipment.
- Participates in making energized line taps and connecting wires; handles energized aspects of system independently.
- Transfers wire from old to new poles, installs metering equipment.
- Provides leadership in assigning work and serves in the absence of the Distribution Superintendent.
Must be able to physically perform the basic life operational functions of climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions. Must be able to perform heavy work exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally; and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently; and 20 pounds constantly. Must possess visual acuity.
Desirable Education and Experience
Graduation from high school supplemented with coursework relating to required certifications and at least 3 years of experience.
$21.74 to $32.62; up a 5% increase after successful completion of probationary period.
Possession of valid North Carolina CDL.
Application available here. Interested applicants should submit an application to: Town of Maiden, Attn: Wanda Barnes, 19 N. Main Avenue, Maiden, NC 28650. Selected applicants will be subject to pre-employment substance abuse screening. The Town of Maiden is an EOE. Position Open Until Filled.