October 27, 2022
New Bern, NC
City of New Bern
Performs complex management, professional and administrative work in the development, design and operation of electrical transmission and distribution system activities; does related work as required. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Director of Utilities. Supervision is exercised over assigned personnel.
- Develops long-range plans of the department; estimates project cost; prepares lists of construction materials for purchasing and gives advice on construction projects.
- Mentors and facilitates the succession planning within the division.
- Develops training program for the department.
- Makes surveys and studies based on economic engineering practices in order to prepare plans for proposed construction projects.
- Coordinates with other utility and City engineering personnel to avoid conflicts of utilities construction projects with other services.
- Coordinates with outside resources and City staff to ensure proper construction, operation, maintenance of substations and other points of interconnect within the bulk electric system (BES).
- Procures and manages external engineering, construction, maintenance and testing services necessary for the construction and operation of the electrical system.
- Makes on-site inspections of work to ensure compliance with plans.
- Provides complex technical support for all-electric division operations.
- Performs related tasks as required.
- Considerable experience in electrical power systems engineering, construction, operation and/or maintenance of electric power systems is most desirable.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university with major coursework in electrical
engineering or power systems.