May 19, 2022
ElectriCities of NC
The Member Services and Corporate Planning Division is responsible for leading long-term corporate planning efforts for the company and providing value-added services to ElectriCities Members. The Division is responsible for assessing members’ ability to provide competitive retail offerings and identifying strategic areas of need for the members in these offerings. The Division monitors the effectiveness of our members retail offerings through a variety of surveys and data collection. The Division develops and deploys programs to augment the efforts of the members where there are gaps. The Division advocates for action amongst the members through strategic messaging that is conveyed through conferences, training, regional meetings, and other outreach.
The Utility Systems Project Engineer works closely with ElectriCities’ Members, the operations team, and vendors to promote and implement technology programs for Member utilities. These programs primarily include AMI systems, demand response programs, outage management solutions, customer portals, and other smart grid technologies. The Utility Systems Project Engineer must utilize knowledge of utility technologies, utility business needs, system integrations, and project management to help ensure project success for Member utilities.
- Lead implementation and support efforts for ElectriCities’ AMI program. This includes assisting Member utilities with all aspects of project implementation including budgeting, project planning, field implementation, vendor management, and system support and optimization. Help ensure Member utilities’ needs are being met and help develop plans to optimize and improve their AMI systems.
- Guide and assist Member utilities with developing their technology roadmaps. These roadmaps will likely include ElectriCities technology program offerings, partner vendors, as well as other vendors with solutions that meet the business and customer needs of Member utilities. After identifying specific technology needs for Member utilities, assist with the implementation of these systems. Utilize information gained through these projects to help determine and prioritize ElectriCities’ new technology program offerings.
- Assist the Manager, Technology & Renewable Programs with developing and maintaining ElectriCities’ Strategic Technology Roadmap. This includes utilizing both industry knowledge and knowledge of Member needs to prioritize and implement new technology programs.
- Assess and optimize Members’ business processes to ensure they support new technologies being implemented. This includes developing procedures for daily/weekly/monthly tasks to support new systems such as AMI.
- Deploy new demand response programs for Member utilities. Examples include smart thermostats, smart water heater control, EV charging control, and battery storage. Work closely with Members and internal teams to develop these programs. Work with Operations to handoff dispatch of these programs.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with third parties to support technology program implementation efforts. This includes, but is not limited to, field device installation vendors, solution providers, and consultants.
- Work with utility billing system and other utility system providers to ensure integration with AMI systems meets the needs and expectations of Members.
- Assist in promoting technology programs throughout ElectriCities’ Membership to increase adoption of these systems.
- Provide overall technology assistance and recommendations to Member utilities. Maintain a list of vendor solutions or consultants that could assist Member utilities if ElectriCities is not able to assist.
- Work closely with the Utility Systems and Business Process Analyst to ensure program offerings align and Members’ needs are met. If technology gaps are identified by the Utility Systems and Business Process Analyst, work to determine how ElectriCities may be able to fill those gaps.
- Advocate on behalf of ElectriCities Members for product enhancements, service improvements, bug fixes, product roadmap, etc. for ElectriCities partner vendors. Assist with planning and running of annual user group meetings.
- Coordinate with ElectriCities’ Field Operations and System Operations departments to ensure alignment of offerings.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Manager, Technology & Renewable Programs in accordance with the goals and objectives of ElectriCities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field from a four-year university or college.
- Five years of experience in implementation or operation of systems or IoT, preferably in a utility industry.
- Excellent analytical skills as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and client relationship management skills.
- A continuous improvement mindset with a commitment to best practices.
- The ability to oversee multiple simultaneous projects and work with a high energy level and excel in a team-oriented environment.
- Willingness to accept responsibility and be capable of working on his/her own initiative with minimal supervision.
We offer challenging and rewarding careers in a family-friendly culture, a competitive compensation, benefits, and rewards package, as well as career development opportunities. ElectriCities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.