Public Power Week Resources
Press Release Template
Public Power Week Proclamation Template
Social Media Messages
Social Media Promotional Graphics
'Thank You' Public Power Customer Bill Insert
Coloring Sheets for Kids
Public Power Videos
Celebrating utility employees — “the people behind public power” — who work tirelessly to keep communities up and running 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Feature these videos on your social media, public access stations, or town website to powerfully share the value you bring to your community.
Every Day – English (60 second)
Every Day – Spanish
Public Power 101
Public Power Week Planning Ideas
Here are some bright ideas to inspire your Public Power Week planning this year:
- Offer Public Power Week swag giveaways on your social media channels.
- Encourage your local media to feature lineworker spotlights throughout Public Power Week.
- Stock crew vehicles with extra Public Power Week swag to distribute when you’re out and about in the community.
- Display Public Power Week signage in your lobby, on drive-thru windows, and other places your customers visit.
- Hold social media “takeovers” by lineworkers and other faces of public power in your community to enable your followers to get to know the people behind their hometown utility.
- Share photos of your utility’s hardworking team getting the job done—whether that’s crews on the road or customer service reps manning the phones.
- Host a virtual trivia event for your internal team to celebrate your public power history in a fun way (prizes are a plus!).
- Share photos and captions of your Public Power Week celebrations with your local media.