Let’s Get your Job Posted
June 8, 2023
June 23, 2023
City of Shelby
The City of Shelby (population 22,000), centrally located between Asheville and Charlotte in the beautiful foothills of North Carolina, is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Director of Energy Services. The City of Shelby offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits including but not limited to health & dental insurance, 401K contribution, and local government retirement system participation. The minimum annual salary is $91,841 – $115,720, depending on experience. Interested applicants should complete an Employment Application which can be found on the City of Shelby’s website at www.cityofshelby.com or on the link provided below. A detailed resume with salary history should be attached to the application.
- Plans, directs, coordinates, supervises, and evaluates the operations, maintenance, services, and staff of the department.
- Oversees the planning, design, construction, inspection, and growth of the electric and natural gas utility systems for the City of Shelby.
- Also, provides technical expertise on department operation and reviews, develops, and manages programs to ensure compliance, safety, reduce costs, and improve services
- Bachelor’s degree with course work in business, engineering, or related field with extensive experience in an electric and/or gas utility.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the electric utility organization and operation.
- Thorough knowledge of the materials, methods, practices, and equipment used in the operation, maintenance, and repair of electrical distribution system.
- The ability to plan, assign, and coordinate work.
- The ability to prepare written communication including reports, forms, and studies.
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills in order to establish and maintain effective working relationships with municipal officials, contractors, employees, and the general public.