Let’s Get your Job Posted
June 22, 2018
July 7, 2018
City of Albemarle
Become part of the energy behind public power! ElectriCities has spent the past 50 years working closely with public power communities across North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia to improve their utility and government operations. We have an in-depth understanding of the utility business and the unique challenges each of these communities face. ElectriCities’ strength is bringing public power communities together to share knowledge in an effort to make their power safer and more reliable.
We are looking for a dynamic individual to be part of our Accounting team. The ElectriCities Accountant will be responsible for the maintenance, accuracy and completeness of ElectriCities general ledger and for the preparation of all financial schedules, reports, and information regarding ElectriCities financial condition. This position will be located in Raleigh, NC.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide daily functional assistance and guidance to technicians (AP and Purchasing) relative to their responsibilities. Assist them in establishing work priorities and methods of accomplishing that work to meet deadlines.
- Prepare and/or review journal entries for accuracy and completeness; proper coding to accounts consistent with approved budgets, accounting policies and procedures, and coordinate their flow into the appropriate ledgers.
- Coordinate the timely input and output of data for the Agency’s accounting systems and the timely preparation of disbursements and deposits.
- Prepare regulatory information reports for governmental agencies and property tax filings.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration.
- Two to four years of related experience, or sufficient accounting experience.
- Knowledge of general accounting and budgeting principles and theory including knowledge of public agency procedures that must be followed.
- An understanding of data processing applications (accounting systems’ ledgers and subledgers) and how they relate to accounting process.
- The ability to work independently to research, analyzes, and prepare financial reports and studies.