Sharing the Value of Public Power
During Public Power Week each year, we celebrate the many hometown advantages of living in a public power community. As our communities persevere through the effects of the pandemic facing our country, our celebrations may look different this year. While we may not be able to gather together as we normally do, that doesn’t mean we can’t celebrate creatively. We encourage each of our public power communities to utilize this year’s theme (Dedicated to Service – The Power to Deliver) to help promote the many benefits of public power and celebrate Public Power Week with your customers.
From all of us at ElectriCities, we wish you a happy and safe #PublicPowerWeek!
Public Power Week Resources
Press Release Template
Public Power Week Proclamation Template
Social Media Messages
Social Media Promotional Graphics
'Thank You' Public Power Customer Bill Insert
Coloring Sheets for Kids
APPA Social Media Resources
New APPA Video: People of Public Power
Public Power Week Planning Ideas
Take a look below for some out-of-the-box ideas to help spur your Public Power Week planning this year:
- Offer Public Power Week swag giveaways on your social media channels.
- Encourage your local media to feature lineworker spotlights throughout Public Power Week.
- Stock crew vehicles with extra Public Power Week swag to distribute when out and about in the community.
- Display Public Power Week signage on drive-thru windows.
- Hold social media “takeovers” by lineworkers and other faces of public power in your community for a chance for your followers to get to know their utility.
- Share (socially distanced) photos of your utility’s hardworking team getting the job done – whether that’s crews on the road or customer service reps manning the phones.
- Host a virtual trivia event for your internal team to celebrate your public power history in a fun way (prizes are a plus!).
- Share photos and captions of your Public Power Week celebrations with your local media.
Have a good idea that’s not on the list? Send a note to email@example.com and let us know!