Public Power Week Resources
Themed banner artwork in various sizes and orientations. Download these files and use a printer of your choice to produce Public Power Week banners for your celebration.
Custom 2022 Public Power Week logo artwork in a variety of file formats for your use.
Press Release Template
This press release template will help you share the message of Public Power Week across local news channels.
Public Power Week Proclamation Template
Use this template to celebrate Public Power Week in your city or town with an official proclamation.
Social Media Messages
Use this handy collection of social media messages related to Public Power Week on your social channels to promote the value of public power.
Social Media Promotional Graphics
Promote Public Power Week with these social media-sized graphics! Several styles and configurations to choose from, and some include space for your own logo.
'Thank You' Public Power Customer Bill Insert
This bill insert educates customers about the advantages of public power while thanking them for being a customer. Order bill inserts directly from ElectriCities below.
Coloring Sheets for Kids
Talk about drawing inside the power lines! These coloring sheets provided by our partners at APPA are an engaging and cost-effective activity for neighbors of all ages.
APPA member utilities can use these sample resources and templates to spread the word and celebrate in your communities.
Public Power Videos
Celebrating utility employees — “the people behind public power” — who work tirelessly to keep communities up and running 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Feature these videos on your social media, public access stations, or town website to powerfully share the value you bring to your community.
Every Day – English (60 second)
Every Day – English (30 second version)
Every Day – English (15 second version)
Every Day – Spanish
Public Power 101
Public Power Week Planning Ideas
Here are some bright ideas to inspire your Public Power Week planning this year:
- Offer Public Power Week swag giveaways on your social media channels.
- Encourage your local media to feature lineworker spotlights throughout Public Power Week.
- Stock crew vehicles with extra Public Power Week swag to distribute when you’re out and about in the community.
- Display Public Power Week signage in your lobby, on drive-thru windows, and other places your customers visit.
- Hold social media “takeovers” by lineworkers and other faces of public power in your community to enable your followers to get to know the people behind their hometown utility.
- Share photos of your utility’s hardworking team getting the job done—whether that’s crews on the road or customer service reps manning the phones.
- Host a virtual trivia event for your internal team to celebrate your public power history in a fun way (prizes are a plus!).
- Share photos and captions of your Public Power Week celebrations with your local media.