Have you heard of the 2-Minute Drill? It’s the last two minutes of a football game, when a team, under pressure, tries to score in a short period of time to either gain momentum or win the game. Just like in football, Customer Service Representatives can be under pressure from an upset customer, demands of learning new policies or procedures, or just trying to complete all their work in a timely manner. Sometimes, both CSRs and football teams have to make things happen in a hurry, while under pressure.
My name is Phil Bisesi, and I’m the Supervisor of Residential Energy Services at ElectriCities of North Carolina. I’m responsible for developing our customer service training courses, along with help from my colleagues in our member cities.
I’m excited to announce that we are recording short videos, which we are calling, “Customer Service: 2-Minute Drills,” to drive home learning points about customer service in a quick and timely fashion. Here are some of the topics that will launch in the coming weeks:
- Kilowatt Hours: What’s Time Got to Do with It?
- Billing History Analysis: Charting Your Customer’s Energy Health
- The Difference between Kilowatt Hours and Kilowatt Demand
- CSRs or CSI? Investigating Ways to Help Your Customers
- Just a Coincidence? Explaining Coincident Peak
- Power Factor: What IS it?
- Using CARP to Manage Emotional Customers, and
- The Public Power Advantage
We hope you will tune in to our Customer Service 2-Minute Drills, and score one for your hometown Public Power team.