Submissions for the 2022 Public Power Awards of Excellence have closed. We’re excited to recognize the winners at the ElectriCities Annual Conference in August.
Each year, ElectriCities honors the communities whose efforts stand out with Public Power Awards of Excellence.
This year, the Public Power Awards of Excellence reflect the five strategic priorities unveiled in August 2022—part of the rollout of public power’s strategic plan. Submissions should show your progress against these strategic priorities and demonstrate your utility’s adoption of the vision for public power.
- Future-focused – Develop a future-focused mindset
- Strengthen public power – Build public and political support for public power
- Provide superior power – Deliver reliable, affordable, and sustainable electric power
- Customer-centered innovation – Innovate and invest to better serve our customers and communities
- People – Leverage our people as our greatest asset
General award criteria that apply to all award categories:
- Awards are open to all ElectriCities member communities in North Carolina.
- Members are welcome, but not required, to apply for awards in all five categories. Details on the criteria for each award category are below.
- The service/program/system/initiative/campaign/etc. featured in your submission(s) must be live or must have been initiated within the time frame of the award (February 2022-present).
- Submissions must summarize how your utility’s efforts help achieve regional public power’s vision and purpose as part of our overall strategic plan.
- Applications will be reviewed as submitted. Please carefully read all criteria and include any supporting documents required prior to submitting.
- Your utility’s size will be considered when submissions are evaluated. Members will not be evaluated against one another.
To submit your utility for an award or multiple awards, complete the appropriate nomination form(s) below. You may apply for an award in as many categories as you wish. Each category can have multiple winners.