2020 Public Power Awards of Excellence
Want to add some renown to your town? It’s easy! Just nominate your community for the 2020 Public Power Awards of Excellence.
These awards honor public power communities throughout North Carolina for their praiseworthy performances in areas that align with ElectriCities’ five strategic priorities:
- Workforce Planning and Development – promote a workforce plan to attract, develop and retain the necessary human talent to provide safe, reliable power and lead public power forward.
- Wholesale Power Cost – provide competitive and stable wholesale electric rates that meet the power supply need of Power Agency Members.
- Continuous Improvement – constantly review and enhance all aspects of public power; focus on cost reduction and increased efficiencies in current and future operations.
- Grid Modernization – promote investment in public power communities’ electric distribution systems and in technology to ensure safety and reliability, and exceed customer expectations.
- Value of Public Power – communicate the value of electric system ownership to key stakeholders.
To complete your quest for excellence, complete the appropriate nomination form(s) below and click the “Submit” button on each form. The forms are easy to fill out and the number of awards given in most categories is not limited. That means several cities can win in each category. Award recipients will be notified via email in the spring of 2021.
The deadline to enter your nominations is Friday, December 18. If you have questions about the Public Power Awards of Excellence, please contact Corporate Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org today.