2023 Customized City Project submissions have closed – stay tuned for the 2024 submission process to open in December!
ElectriCities’ Customized City Project program helps bring to fruition projects that advance public power and public power providers through education, branding, and/or promotion.
Designed for Power Agency members, the program taps the expertise of our Corporate Communications team that includes marketing and communication strategists, graphic designers, and writers. Each year, we select up to six projects (three projects from each Power Agency) that promote the value of public power and can be completed that year.
Project examples include:
- PR strategy support (e.g., messaging campaign and/or branding support around the value of public power).
- Developing a new customer welcome kit for your utility.
- Design support for your utility (e.g., custom EV charging station wrap design/branding).
- Logo design for your utility/electric department.
- Social media and messaging support (e.g., social media content calendar for conveying the value of your utility and public power).
- Billboard/signage design for public power, utility, or electric department initiatives.
- Member applicant must be a Power Agency member.
- Member applicant has not been awarded a Customized City Project in the last three years.
- Member applicant can commit to completing the Customized City Project within the calendar year (2023 projects must be completed and closed out by Dec. 31, 2023).
- Proposed project must promote the value the member utility provides through education, branding, communications assets, etc.
- Temporary projects like funding for sponsoring an event are not eligible.
- Services are provided through the Corporate Communications department. Funds cannot be applied to outside agencies or paid directly to a member community.
- Members awarded Customized City Projects will sign a scope of work detailing the project deliverables, responsibilities of parties, timeline, and completion date.
- Applications for 2023 Customized City Projects are due January 13, 2023.
If you have a great idea for a project that supports public power in your community and meets the requirements above, we encourage you to apply.
Please reach out to the Corporate Communications department at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.