January 3, 2023
New Bern, NC
City of New Bern
Performs intermediate management and difficult professional and administrative work in the development, design, and operation of electrical engineering projects; does related work as required. Developing long range plans; estimating project costs; preparing plans and specifications; inspecting work; conducting research; developing training programs.
- Develops long range plans of department; estimates project cost; prepares lists of construction materials for purchasing and gives advice on construction projects.
- Manages and Supervises the Staff Engineer, Electrical Engineer Technician and GIS Technician.
- Mentors and facilitates the succession planning within the division.
- Develops training program for the department.
- Makes surveys and studies based on economic engineering practices in order to prepare plans for proposed construction projects.
- Coordinates with other utility and City engineering personnel to avoid conflicts of utilities construction projects with other services.
- Drafts specifications for equipment and materials used in construction, maintenance, and operation of electrical system.
- Makes on-site inspections of work to ensure compliance with plans.
- Performs related tasks as required.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university with major course work in electrical engineering or related field and considerable experience in electrical engineering.
The City of New Bern is an Equal Opportunity Employer.