January 17, 2024
City of Gastonia
Performs complex professional work involved with the planning, design, and construction of electrical facilities in the City; does related work as required.
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Division Manager of the Electric Division. Supervision is exercised over subordinate personnel.
- Designs electrical distribution system; Prepares specifications for new electrical transformer installations; Reviews plans of new subdivisions, industrial and commercial developments and makes recommendations for locations of electrical service needs such as wiring, transformers, and area lights; Provides contractors with technical information relating to
electrical engineering projects; Compiles cost estimates on a variety of electrical engineering projects.
- Plans work and exercises supervision over Field Techs, Lighting Specialist and GIS Techs.
- Coordinates customer-owned renewal energy projects; Educates customers regarding the economics of such ventures; Works with customers and customer contractors to ensure installations meet City and North Carolina Utilities Commission guidelines; Prepares contracts and acquires signatures from customers and city officials; Monitors impacts on the electric grid and revenue.
- Prepares technical and administrative reports including economic and rate studies.
- Conducts feasibility studies for proposal system improvements; Works with Energy Officer, Electric Division Supervisors; Consultants, and others to maintain an effective energy load management program; works directly with Solar vendors on behalf of city customers concerning interconnection standards and electric rates.
- Participates in public and private school career days and other educational efforts; Promotes safety; Advises students regarding career opportunities; Performs energy audits as requested by electric customers; Coordinates with ElectriCities staff; Consults with customers upon delivering audit reports.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer by the North Carolina State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors.
- Complete NIMS IS 100, 200, and 700 training within 18 months.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving history.