ElectriCities of North Carolina, Inc. will host its 2021 Annual Conference August 16-18, at the Sonesta Resort, Hilton Head Island, South Carolina.
Diamond, Platinum, Gold, and Silver corporate sponsorship levels are available and sponsors may choose to support additional conference events such as the Wednesday night BBQ banquet. We are expecting an excellent turnout of mayors, council members, city managers, utility directors and other key decision makers from across North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia. Over the past 42 years, the conference has averaged 475 attendees per year.
Sponsorships are a funding source for the Annual Conference and benefits North Carolina Municipal Power Agency Number 1 and North Carolina Eastern Municipal Power Agency participants and other Public Power members in North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia. The ElectriCities Annual Conference does not make expenditures or engage in any activity to support or otherwise benefit any candidate for state or local public offices or a state or local official who is running for federal office.
We appreciate our sponsors. Our communities rely on the expertise and services that you provide to them and this conference is a great opportunity to showcase your company.
Sponsors’ Opening Reception
The Sponsors’ Opening Reception is Monday, August 16, starting at 5 p.m. This is an excellent opportunity to meet and converse with city and town officials from across North Carolina. The reception ends at 6:30 p.m., allowing additional time for networking with potential customers.
Drink tickets, purchased in advance, can be branded with the sponsor’s logo and used at any event-related cash bar.
Please reference the information on our website to learn about sponsoring our 2021 Annual Conference. If you have questions, please contact Jason Thigpen at (919) 760-6229 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Includes 2 Conference Attendees. Additional attendees at $600 per person.
- Vendor Hall Booth (while supplies last)
- Profile in Conference program
- Logo on Registration signage
- Thank you at opening session
- Logo in General Session slides
- Attendee list and emails
Includes 3 Conference Attendees. Additional attendees at $500 per person.
Includes all Silver level promotions, plus:
- Logo in pre-Conference emails
- Social media feature on-site
- Optional Sponsor-led Breakout Session (space provided and promoted)
Includes 4 Conference Attendees. Additional attendees at $500 per person.
Includes all Silver and Gold level promotions, plus:
- Choice of booth location
- $500 Sponsor credit toward additional opportunities
- Logo/Company feature ad in conference program
Exclusive Diamond Sponsor: $10,000
Includes 4 Conference Attendees. Additional attendees at $400 per person.
Includes all Silver, Gold and Platinum level promotions, plus:
- Limited to one Sponsor
- Recognition at Opening and Closing General Sessions
- Exclusive mention in conference publications
- Conference App Sponsorship included
These opportunities can be added in addition to the Silver, Gold, Platinum, and Diamond sponsorship levels.
These options allow the sponsor to display special signage at the event.
- $500 – Monday afternoon General Session
- $750 – Monday Sponsor Hall reception
- $500 – Tuesday breakfast
- $500 – Tuesday morning General Session
- $500 – Tuesday lunch
- $750 – Tuesday afternoon dessert break
- $500 – Tuesday afternoon General Session
- $500 – Wednesday breakfast
- $500 – Wednesday morning General Session
- $500 – Wednesday General Session Sponsorships
- $1,000 – Wednesday night Beach BBQ
These options allow the sponsor to display their logo and distribute promotional materials.
- $2,000 – Conference app sponsor
- $2,000 – Conference bag
1. Register Company as Conference Sponsor
Sign up today as a Conference Sponsor using the online Sponsor Company Registration Form. Select your Sponsorship Level and choose your Event and Non-Event Sponsorships. After you submit your sponsor registration, you will receive a confirmation email that will provide you with your sponsor specific codes that will be needed to register your attendees at the discounted sponsor rates. Sponsorship payment is due in full one week prior to the event.
2. Register Conference Attendees
All attendees must register prior to the conference using the online Attendee Registration Form. Use the sponsor specific codes provided in your confirmation email to register either as a free attendee (depending on your sponsorship level) or as a sponsor attendee with discounted registration.
3. Reserve Hotel Rooms
All participants need to make their own hotel reservation at the Sonesta Resort. We are holding a block of rooms at the rate of $209 per night (plus applicable state and local taxes and fees, plus a $3 Daily Destination Fee). The Resort Facilities Fee is $15.00 per room, per day, including tax. This rate is available for the nights of August 15 through August 23, 2021 and must be booked no later than Friday, July 16, 2021, at 5pm to receive the group rate.
Reservations may be made by calling 1-800-SONESTA (766-3782) or by clicking here. Use Block code 0819ELECTR to receive the group rate. Resort cancellation policy is 72 hours prior to arrival.
Cancellation of Hotel: Hotel reservation cancellations are the responsibility of each individual attendee. Cancellations should be made directly with Sonesta Resort prior to July 16, 2021. After July 16, 2021, kindly contact Kim Hedbawny at (919) 760-6308 or email@example.com, as we may wish to return your cancelled room to the conference Room Block. Hotel policy permits Attendees to cancel or modify existing reservations up until 72 hours prior to arrival.
4. Marketing Opportunities in Conference Programs
After registration, a follow up email will be sent with directions on how to submit your companies logo and marketing information. Sponsorship information must be received on or by June 14th to ensures your company’s information is in the Sponsor Program and signage at the conference. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Color logo in EPS or a High quality-300 DPI; TIFF, PNG or JPEG format
- Black & White logo in the above format
- A long company description to be included in the conference app
- A short company description to be included in the sponsor program (100 words or less)
- Website and social media links
5. Make Arrangement for Exhibit Services
If you have exhibit material to ship and/or require technical support (ex. power, telephone, internet) download the form below for instructions.
If you have questions about the event at any time, please contact one of the ElectriCities staff members listed below: