2021 Public Power Awards of Excellence
Looking to showcase your utility and all the value it brings to your public power customers and your community? Nominate your utility today for the 2021 Public Power Awards of Excellence.
These awards honor public power providers throughout North Carolina for their exceptional performance within the following strategic areas:
- Workforce Planning and Development – Promoting a workforce plan to attract, develop, and retain the necessary talent to provide safe, reliable power and to lead public power forward.
- Wholesale Power Cost – Providing competitive and stable wholesale electric rates that meet the power supply need of Power Agency members.
- Continuous Improvement – Constantly reviewing and enhancing all aspects of public power with a focus on reducing costs and increasing efficiencies in current and future operations.
- Grid Modernization – Promoting investment in public power communities’ electric distribution systems and in technology to ensure safety and reliability and exceed customer expectations.
- Value of Public Power – Communicating the value of municipal electric system ownership to key stakeholders.
To submit your utility for an award or multiple awards, complete the appropriate nomination form(s) below. You may apply for an award in as many categories as you wish. Each category can have multiple winners.
The deadline to enter your nominations is Friday, January 14. If you have questions about the Public Power Awards of Excellence, please contact the communications department at email@example.com.