Happy Holidays from ElectriCities of North Carolina!
Make your list and check it twice — here’s how to stay safe while decking the halls and holiday shopping this year.
- Lights out. Turn your holiday lights off being leaving home and going to bed. There’s no wiggle room: turn ALL of them off, every single time!
- Careful with cords. Don’t overload extension cords (even though it’s tempting!).
- Read subject lines. Be cautious online. During the holidays, scammers are more likely to send fake emails. Don’t open any email that seems suspicious, and avoid clicking on links from unknown senders.
- Stick with what you know. Shop online through trusted retailers. If that ad on Facebook to a new store seems too good to be true, it probably is.
- The COVID clause… of course, we must all consider how COVID-19 will affect our holiday plans. When possible, connect virtually — Zoom, FaceTime, and Skype are all good options. Check the latest government information about travel restrictions and mask requirements here. Read more tips for managing the holidays during COVID here and here. And if it all starts to feel overwhelming, here are some ways to manage stress.